Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us when you use our Services. Depending on which Service you use, we may collect different information about you. This includes:
Information Regarding Your Use of the Services
We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services. This includes information used to create your account (e.g., a username, password and at your option, an email address), account preferences, the content of private messages between you and other users or communities (e.g., modmail), and the content of information you post to the Services (e.g., text, photos, videos, links).
You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, participate in contests, sweepstakes or promotions, apply for a job, communicate with us via third-party sites and services, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you. This include
Log and Usage Data
We may log information when you access and use the Services. This may include your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information (e.g., device IDs), pages visited, links clicked, user interactions (e.g., voting data), the requested URL, hardware settings, and search terms. Except for the IP address used to create your account, Fleekd will delete any IP addresses collected after 100 days.
Information Collected from Cookies
We may receive information from cookies, which are pieces of data your browser stores and sends back to us when making requests. We use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, personalize content and advertisements, and improve the quality of our Services. For example, we store and retrieve information about your preferred language and other settings.
Information Collected from Integrations
We may receive information about you from third-party websites that integrate our Services, including our widgets, buttons, and advertising technology. For example, when you visit a website that uses our comment-embed widget, we may receive information about the web page you visited.
We may receive and process information about your location. For example, with your consent, we may collect information about the specific location of your mobile device (for example, by using GPS or Bluetooth). You can revoke this consent at any time by changing the preferences on your device, but doing so may affect your ability to use all of the features and functionality of our Services. We may also receive location information from you when you choose to share such information on our Services, including by associating your content with a location, or we may derive your approximate location from other information about you, including your IP address.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including from other users and third parties, and combine that information with the other information we have about you. For example, we may receive demographic or interest information about you from third parties, including advertisers, and combine it with our own data using a common account identifier such as a hash of an email address or a mobile-device ID.
We may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools that let you share content or actions you take on our Services with other media. Your use of these features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features (e.g., Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter).
How We Use Information About You
We use information about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, invoices and other support and administrative messages;
- Provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of these communications, see “Your Choices” below);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services; and
- Personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content and features that match user profiles or interests. (for information about how to manage the types of advertisements you experience on our Services, see “Your Choices” below).
How We Share Information
When you use the Services, certain information may be shared with other users and the public. For example:
- When you submit a post or comment to the Services, visitors to and users of our Services will be able to see the content of your posts and comments, the username associated with your posts or comments, and the date and time you originally submitted the post or comment. Although some parts of the Services may be private or quarantined, they may become public (e.g., at the group(flock) moderator’s option in the case of private communities) and you should take that into consideration before posting to the Services.
- When you send private messages or messages, the recipients of those messages will be able to see the content of your message, your username, and the date and time the message was sent.
- When other users view your profile, they will be able to see information about your activities on the Services, such as your username, prior posts and comments, moderator status, and how long you have been a member of the Services.
Please note that, even when you delete your account, the posts, comments and messages you submit through the Services may still be viewable or available on our servers.
We will not share, sell, or give away any of our users’ personal information to third parties, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- Except as it relates to advertisers and our ad partners, we may share information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work for us;
- If you participate in contests, sweepstakes, promotions, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services, we may share information with entities that partner with us to provide these offerings;
- We may share information (and will attempt to provide you with prior notice, to the extent legally permissible) in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including, but not limited to, meeting national security or law enforcement requirements;
- We may share information in response to an emergency if we believe it’s necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person;
- We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements, rules, or other Fleekd policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others;
- We may share information between and among Fleekd, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- We may share information with your consent or at your direction.
We may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Ads and Analytics Partners
We may partner with third-party advertisers, ad networks, and analytics providers to deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and to better understand your use of the Services. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device in response to a request for content, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device. For example:
Advertisers and Ad Networks
We use analytics partners (such as Google Analytics) to help analyze usage and traffic for our Services. As an example, we may use analytics partners to analyze and measure, in the aggregate, the number of unique visitors to our Services.
For more information about how you may control the collection and/or use of information for advertising and analytics purposes, please see “Your Choices.”
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Children under 13
Although we welcome users from all walks of life, Fleekd is not intended or directed at individuals under the age of 13. Therefore, individuals under the age of 13 may not create an account or otherwise access or use the Services.
As a Fleekd user, you have choices about how to protect and limit the collection, use, and disclosure of, information about you. This includes:
We may provide you with tools and preference settings that allow you to access, correct, delete, and modify information associated with your account.
You may delete your account information at any time by logging into your account and following the steps under “Settings.” When you delete your account, your profile is no longer visible to other users and disassociated from content you posted under that account. Please note, however, that the posts, comments, and messages you submitted prior to deleting your account will still be visible to others, unless you delete such content. We may also retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes after you delete your account.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject first- and third-party cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Advertising and Analytics
Some analytics providers we partner with may provide specific opt-out mechanisms and we may provide, as needed and as available, additional tools and third-party services that allow you to better understand cookies and how you can opt-out. For example, you may manage the use and collection of certain information by Google Analytics here.
We also offer you choices about receiving personalized advertisements. You may also generally opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from certain third-party advertisers and ad networks. To learn more about these advertisements or to opt out, please visit the websites of the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative.
Do Not Track
Most modern web browsers give you the option to send a Do Not Track signal to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. However, there is no accepted standard for how a website should respond to this signal, and we do not take any action in response to this signal. Instead, in addition to publicly available third-party tools, we offer you the choices described in this policy to manage the collection and use of information about you.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as information about your account or your use of our Services.
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
International Data Transfers
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights as you do under local law.
In connection with Fleekd’s processing of personal data received from the European Union and Switzerland, we adhere to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Program (“Privacy Shield”) and comply with its framework and principles.
For more information about the Privacy Shield principles and to view our certification, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website.
Please direct any inquiries or complaints regarding our compliance with the Privacy Shield principles to the point of contact listed in the “Contact Us” section below. If we do not resolve your complaint, you may submit your complaint free of charge to JAMS. Under certain conditions specified by the Privacy Shield principles, you may also be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint. We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission. If we share EU or Swiss data with a third-party service provider that processes the data solely on our behalf, then we will be liable for that third party’s processing of EU or Swiss data in violation of the Privacy Shield principles, unless we can prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.